Supporting documentation for E-1 dependents
The procedures outlined below pertain only to qualifying family members who are applying separately from their respective E-1 principal applicant, and the principal applicant has already been issued an E-1 visa by a U.S. Consulate or Embassy.
If you are applying as a dependent (spouse or unmarried child under age 21) of a current E-visa holder, upon booking your appointment online, you should bring the following documents to the Consulate on the day of the interview:
- Confirmation of appointment.
- DS-160 confirmation page for all dependents.
- Proof of legal relationship between the principal applicant and any dependents, e.g. original government issued birth and/or marriage certificates, adoption papers, etc. Notarized copies, religious documents, hospital records, and short form birth certificates that do not show parentage do not satisfy this requirement.
- One 2×2 passport-style photograph for each applicant, taken on plain white background within the last six months (if your photograph could not be uploaded to your online DS-160).
- A photocopy of the principal applicant’s E-1 visa.
- If the principal applicant is an employee of an E-1 visa firm, a letter from the company verifying his/her continued employment.
- Appropriate reciprocity fee, if required, upon visa issuance.