Important notice for ESTA holders intending to travel to the U.S.
Presidential Proclamation 10143 suspends the entry to the United States of all foreign nationals who were physically present within the Schengen Area.
The Visa Waiver Program
- The Visa Waiver Program (VWP), administered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in consultation with the State Department, permits citizens of 38 countries, including Spain and Andorra, to travel to the United States for business or tourism for stays of up to 90 days without a visa by applying for an ESTA authorization.
- ESTA is an automated system that determines the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
- Please note that ESTA is not administered by the U.S. Embassy in Madrid.
- Apply for an ESTA authorization.
- Frequently Asked Questions concerning ESTA.
- Please see the new VWP/ESTA eligibility requirements.
- If you are a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program partner but have received notice that you are no longer eligible to travel to the United States under that program and/or that your ESTA authorization is no longer valid, you should apply for a nonimmigrant visa at as soon as possible in advance of your desired travel.