Visit www.socialsecurity.gov for more information on mySocialSecurity accounts and the online services that are currently available. SSA is working to improve and expand the available services.
A mySocialSecurity account allows you to:
- Keep track of your earnings and verify them every year;
- Get an estimate of your future benefits if you are still working;
- Get a letter with proof of your benefits if you currently receive them; and
- Manage your benefits:
· Change your address;
· Start or change your direct deposit; and
· Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
Setting up an account is quick, secure, and easy. Join the millions and create an account now!
Important Information: A mySocialSecurity account can be opened if you have a U.S. mailing address, or U.S. military APO address, and your identity can be verified. An account cannot currently be opened if you have a foreign address. If you have a U.S. mailing address, or U.S. military APO address, and encounter any problem with the verification process, you will need to arrange to visit the Federal Benefits Unit in person, with proof of your identity.