Weather Alert – U.S. Embassy Madrid and U.S. Consulate Barcelona (September 23, 2022)
Location: Canary Islands, Spain
Event: There is a Tropical Storm warning in the Canary Islands, with an increasing chance of a tropical storm forming over the next 48 hours. The warning comes from the National Hurricane Center and the Spanish Meteorological Agency.
U.S. Citizens are advised to monitor local news and government websites for detailed information, including precautions to take and government-issued recommendations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid affected areas
- Monitor local news media and government websites
- Visit the National Hurricane Center website for updated storm tracking: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at3.shtml?start#contents
- Visit the Spanish Meteorological Agency website for local conditions: aemet.es
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
To unsubscribe, please email us at MadridUnsubscribe@state.gov