Location: Spain Countrywide
Event: Today, a suspicious package was received at the U.S. Embassy in Madrid. We are aware of reports of other packages sent to other locations throughout Spain. Spanish authorities are investigating .
The U.S. Embassy is functioning under normal operations and will be open to the public on Friday, December 2, 2022, for consular services as normal.
U.S. citizens are advised to exercise caution and monitor local news and government websites for detailed information on this situation.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.