Location: Spain Countrywide.
Event: Holiday celebrations in Spain include public gatherings and may bring an increase in crime and security-related incidents. Aspirational plans by terrorist organizations may include holiday events and major venues. U.S. citizens are reminded to remain vigilant and utilize appropriate personal security practices.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive jewelry or watches.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
To unsubscribe, please email us at MadridUnsubscribe@state.gov.