November 7, 2018
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Event: The U.S. Consulate General in Barcelona alerts U.S. citizens that local authorities have discovered a suspicious package at Sants Station in Barcelona. The Embassy has advised its personnel to avoid the area until the situation is resolved.
You should avoid the area, maintain a high level of vigilance, take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security, and monitor local news stations for updates.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity
- Take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Maintain high level of vigilance
- Notify friends and family of your safety
U.S. citizens may monitor English-language Spanish media at the following website:
View updates on Twitter and Facebook from the Spanish National Police, @policia, Guardia Civil @guardiacivil, Mossos D’Esquadra @mossos, and Guardia Urbana @barcelona_GUB
Mossos d’Esquadra (Regional Police)
Barcelona City Police
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.