An official website of the United States government

Requesting or Reporting a Change of Direct Deposit
March 9, 2022

Reporting a change of bank for direct deposit, or requesting direct deposit for the first time, can be done in writing, with your signature. We no longer accept email reports.

Send your written request to:

U.S. Embassy Madrid
Federal Benefits Unit
Serrano 75
28006 Madrid

Include your nameSocial Security Claim Number, and a daytime telephone number where we can reach you if needed. Also, confirm if your address is to remain unchanged.

In addition, we would need your bank details as follows:

For direct deposit in Spain (Euros): The name and address of your bank, and the IBAN of your account.

For direct deposit in the United States (Dollars): The name and address of your bank, the type of account (Savings or Checking), and the Routing Number (RTN) and the Depositors Account Number (DAN) of your account.

Important: If you are also reporting a change of address, please go to the Reporting Change of Address page.