Message to U.S. Citizens – U.S. Embassy Consular Section Closed on January 11, 2021
Location: Madrid, Spain – U.S. Embassy, Consular Section
Event: Due to inclement weather, the U.S. Embassy Madrid Consular Section will be closed on January 11, 2021. All previously scheduled American Citizens Services and visa appointments on January 11 are canceled. No regular consular services will be offered. In case of a life or death emergency, please call Spanish emergency services at 112. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of after-hours emergency assistance from the U.S. embassy, you may call our after-hours emergency number: +34-915-872-200. If the weather allows, the Consular Section plans to resume services as scheduled on January 12, 2021.
Actions to Take:
- If you do not have a valid passport, but you have confirmed travel plans in the next three weeks, or if you require a U.S. passport for other urgent reasons, please contact us for guidance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19.
- Visit the Spanish Ministry of Health website (click here for general information in English) about COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
If you would like to unsubscribe from these messages please send an email to MadridUnsubscribe@state.gov.