Event: Effective June 24, 2021, U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if upon arrival they present a QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health portal, obtained through the website or by downloading the “SpTH app” in Google Play Store or iTunes App Store for each traveler, regardless of their age. Spain added the United States to the list of countries whose residents no longer require a proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test for travel to Spain, including if they transit through a third country. If transiting a third country, please check that country’s requirements as well, since they may be different.
U.S. citizens who are travelling to Spain from a country that is not the United States should make sure they follow the guidance published by Spanish authorities on their local Spanish Embassy website.
Please remember the United States continues to require a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days before traveling to the United States, including from vaccinated U.S. citizens.
Actions to Take:
- Please make sure you read all of the requirements before travelling to Spain at https://www.spth.gob.es/, the Spanish Ministry of Health website, as well as the regular entry requirements for Spain. You can also find additional information on Spain’s Travel Safe website.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
To unsubscribe, please email us at MadridUnsubscribe@state.gov