The Interview Waiver Program (IWP) allows qualifying visa applicants to mail-in their visa applications without an appointment.
You will be informed of whether you qualify for IW when you fill out your application at the Visa Service website.
For applicants who meet all the above criteria, please prepare the application package with the following:
- Applicant’s original passport with at least six months validity remaining
- Applicant’s previous passport that holds the valid or expired U.S. visa
- Confirmation page of application form DS-160
- Two U.S. visa-sized photos (2 in x 2 in/5 cm X 5 cm) on a white background (read more for photo requirements)
- Applicant’s original I-20, DS-2019, or approved I-797 forms for applicable F, M, J, and temporary work visa applicants
- If applicant is under 14 years of age, a copy of the applicant’s birth certificate, a copy of the parent’(s’) passport(s) bio details page, and a copy of parent’(s’) valid visa(s)/ESTA(s).
Please, don’t send any additional documents than requested to avoid delays on your application.
If you don’t qualify for the Interview Waiver program, please schedule an appointment.
Applicants qualifying for the IWP still have to qualify for a visa. The visa unit might still require an interview for some applicants that qualified for the IWP.