How do I apply for a visa to enter the United States?
If you need to apply for a visa to enter the United States and make an appointment for an interview at the Embassy, you must visit the website: Global Support Services (GSS) and create an applicant profile.
Follow the instructions on that page. Please carefully read their help page and the frequently asked questions: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-es/niv/information/faqs
If you need to contact the official appointment scheduling service, then visit: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-es/niv/information/contact_us
How far in advance do I need to apply for a visa?
Plan your appointment well in advance. Do it as soon as you have any plans to travel if you know that you will need a visa. Keep in mind that after you have completed your appointment at the embassy, visa processing can take 3-5 days.
What is the current wait time for visa appointments?
Estimated wait times are listed on this website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html Scroll down the menu and choose “Madrid.”
I have an urgent need to travel to the United States, but there are no visa appointments available. How can I request an urgent visa appointment?
You can request an expedited appointment. To request an expedited appointment, first schedule a regular appointment on the closest available date. Then, sign-in to your account, click “Continue”, select “Request Expedite” and follow the instructions. Expedited Appointments will only be granted at the Consular Section’s discretion. Circumstances that may be considered for expedited appointments include:
- An immediate relative’s death, grave illness or life threatening accident taking place in the United States.
- Urgent medical treatment for the applicant or their minor child.
- An applicant for a student or exchange visitor (F/M/J) visa whose I-20 or DS-2019 has a start date that is earlier than the first available visa appointment.
- An unexpected need to travel to the United States for urgent business purposes that is occurring within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
- An unexpected visit that is of significant cultural, political, journalistic, sporting or economic importance that is occurring within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
Circumstances considered for expedited appointments may vary. When you request an expedited appointment, you will see the list of acceptable circumstances in the country where you are applying for a visa. Please note that even if you are granted an expedited appointment, the process may take several weeks.
For more info visit: https://es.usembassy.gov/visas/