Health Alert – Update on Operating Status for Consular Services and Travel to the United States – U.S. Embassy Madrid, U.S. Consulate General Barcelona (25 June 2020)
Location: Spain – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Event: We are gradually resuming some services for U.S. citizens at the Embassy in Madrid, the Consulate General in Barcelona, and the five consular agencies in Spain, including passport and citizenship services. In-person services for U.S. citizens are provided by appointment only. Please wear a mask if you have an in-person appointment at one of our offices. The consular agencies will accept payment by credit card only.
Routine U.S. visa services remain suspended.
Limited commercial options to return to the United States from Spain are available, although flight cancellations continue to occur. Work with your airline directly via phone, app, or online to re-book your flight or obtain a refund after a cancellation. U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) are permitted to return to the United States from the European Schengen zone, including Spain.
Actions to Take:
- Review our COVID-19 information page and our Health Alerts for more information on the services we are providing and travel options to the United States.
- Continue to monitor our website and remain enrolled in STEP for updates on our operating status and to receive other important information for U.S. citizens in Spain.
- For information about Spanish immigration requirements, see our May 21 Health Alert.
- Click here for information for travel within the European Schengen zone.
- For information about travel to the United States for individuals who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. LPRs, see the Embassy’s visa webpage and ESTA webpage.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.
To unsubscribe, please email us at MadridUsubsribe@state.gov