Health Alert – Resumption of Mail-in Adult Passport Renewal Services – U.S. Embassy Madrid, U.S. Consulate General Barcelona (11 June 2020)
Location: Spain – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Event: With the gradual resumption of passport operations in the United States, we are now accepting adult passport renewal applications by mail. Please see our website for more information on the process and to determine whether you qualify to renew your passport by mail. Unfortunately, we cannot accept mail-in passport applications for minor children. In-person citizenship services remain limited.
Actions to Take:
- If you do not have a valid passport, but you have confirmed travel plans or require a U.S. passport for other urgent reasons in the next 20 days, please contact us for guidance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19.
- Visit the Spanish Ministry of Health website (click here for general information in English) about COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- To unsubscribe, please email us at MadridUsubsribe@state.gov