Location: Spain – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Event: Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, U.S. citizens cannot enter Spain unless they meet very specific requirements or have already obtained special permission from the Spanish Embassy.
Please check the Spanish regulations carefully before attempting to travel. If you travel to Spain and are not admitted, you will be placed in immigration detention, for up to several days, until a flight on the same airline becomes available to take you back to your point of origin.
If you are not sure whether you are authorized to travel to or transit Spain, please consult the closest Spanish Embassy or consulate about your specific situation before making travel plans.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U. S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- To unsubscribe, please email us at MadridUsubscribe@state.gov