Health Alert – Nationwide State of Alarm and Gradual De-escalation Plan – U.S. Embassy Madrid, U.S. Consulate General Barcelona (30 April 2020)
Location: Spain – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Event: Spain’s nationwide State of Alarm will remain in effect through May 9. The Spanish government has announced plans to gradually relax some confinement measures in phases over the next six to eight weeks.
We will continue to provide emergency services only at the Embassy in Madrid, the Consulate General in Barcelona, and the five consular agencies during the State of Alarm. Services will remain limited during the de-escalation phases in line with Spanish government protocols.
Actions to Take:
-Follow the instructions of local authorities. Not doing so could result in fines or arrest.
-Call Spanish emergency numbers 112 and 061 right away if you believe you may have COVID-19. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes that people are reporting a wide range of COVID-19 symptoms. For a list of local COVID-19 emergency numbers, please visit this website.
-Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Spain.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- To unsubscribe, please email us at MadridUsubsribe@state.gov