Health Alert – Extension of the Nationwide State of Alarm – U.S. Embassy Madrid, U.S. Consulate General Barcelona (20 April, 2020)
Location: Spain – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Event: The Spanish government likely will extend the current State of Alarm through May 9. Media report some restrictions may be eased between April 27 and May 9, and that restrictions may vary by region. We will continue to provide emergency services only at the Embassy in Madrid, the Consulate General in Barcelona, and the five consular agencies during the State of Alarm.
Actions to Take:
-Follow the instructions of local authorities. Not doing so could result in fines or arrest.
-Call Spanish emergency numbers 112 and 061 right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms). For a list of local COVID-19 emergency numbers, please visit this website.
-Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Spain.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- A temporary change to email messaging was made for the health and safety of all U.S. citizens unexpectedly kept abroad during the COVID-19 crisis. Please note it is currently not possible to unsubscribe from our alerts.