Health Alert – Economic Impact Payments under the CARES Act – U.S. Embassy Madrid, U.S. Consulate General Barcelona (4 May 2020)
Location: Spain – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Event: The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed by Congress and signed into law by the President on March 27, 2020. The U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service are the best sources of information regarding Economic Impact Payments to individual U.S. citizens under the CARES Act. The U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Spain cannot provide guidance on accessing payments or disburse funds to U.S. citizens under the CARES Act.
Actions to Take:
- Check your payment status and get answers to Economic Impact Payment questions on the IRS website.
- Click here for information about the CARES Act from the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- Information for seniors and retirees is available here.
- Beware of CARES Act-related scams; see the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration webpage for more information.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- SpainCountry Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
To unsubscribe, please email us at MadridUsubsribe@state.gov