Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Madrid, U.S. Consulate General Barcelona (1 April 2020)
Location: Spain – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Event: We are operating with reduced staffing and office hours across Spain, in line with the Spanish government’s directive to limit movement within the country to contain the spread of COVID-19.
The consular sections of the U.S. Embassy in Madrid and the U.S. Consulate General in Barcelona are providing very limited, emergency in-person services by prior appointment only. The consular agencies in Spain are not providing in-person services until further notice.
Actions to Take:
- In a life-or-death emergency, please call 112.
- If you need immediate assistance related to an emergency situation, such as a death or hospitalization, or you have been the victim of a serious crime, call the Embassy at +34-91-587-2200.
- Call Spanish emergency numbers 112 and 061 right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms). For a list of local COVID-19 emergency numbers, please visit this website.
- To make an appointment for an emergency service in Madrid, email askACS@state.gov.
- To make an appointment for an emergency service in Barcelona, email BarcelonaACS@state.gov.
- Visit the Spanish Ministry of Health website for updated information (click here for general information in English) about COVID-19.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Spain.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
To unsubscribe, email MadridUsubscribe@state.gov.