The Visa Waiver Program
- The Visa Waiver Program (VWP), administered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in consultation with the State Department, permits citizens of 38 countries, including Spain and Andorra, to travel to the United States for business or tourism for stays of up to 90 days without a visa by applying for an ESTA authorization.
- ESTA is an automated system that determines the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
- Please note that ESTA is not administered by the U.S. Embassy in Madrid.
- Apply for an ESTA authorization.
- Frequently Asked Questions concerning ESTA.
- Please see the new VWP/ESTA eligibility requirements.
- If you are a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program partner but have received notice that you are no longer eligible to travel to the United States under that program and/or that your ESTA authorization is no longer valid, you should apply for a nonimmigrant visa at as soon as possible in advance of your desired travel.
You may contact us in several ways.
Email: See our website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ES/niv/information/contact_us
- Callers in Spain: +18.104.22.16866
- Callers in the United States: +1.703.543.9306
Skype: Customer service center agents are able to assist you via Skype: skype:live:skype-es?call
Via our contact form
On the day of your visa interview, do not bring any luggage, backpacks, or bags of any kind to the Embassy. You will not be allowed to enter with them and there is no place to store them.