The internet can serve as an excellent teaching aid, enhancing classroom interaction and student participation. Below you will find links to various websites that offer either collections of potential study materials or portals to further info. These online resources are for English language teachers and program administrators to support the teaching of English and American studies in the classroom.
- American English, a website for teachers and learners of English as a Foreign Language Abroad
- Kids.gov – The U.S. Government’s Official Website for Children.
- Ben’s Guide to U.S. Government for Kids – Learning tools for K-12 students, parents, and teachers.
- NASA Education – NASA’s portal for Educators.
- Library of Congress – Learning Page by the Library of Congress offers resources for teachers as well as for children.
- Department of Education – Just for Teachers – Lesson ideas, reading resources, publications and more.
- Education USA – Guide to U.S. higher education.
- National Clearinghouse for English Learning Acquisition
- National Parks Service Teacher’s Page
- Lesson Plans, Teacher Guides – Find an array of environmental and science based lesson plans, activities and ideas below from EPA, other federal agencies and external organizations.
- STEM Teaching Resources – These are teacher’s guides to two weeks of lessons on the science behind selected health topics.
- VOA Learning English – Voice of America’s English learning portal.
- The English Teaching Forum (ETF) is a quarterly journal for teachers of English as a foreign or second language. The journal focuses on the theory and practice of teaching English and includes discussions of methods, techniques and ideas useful in the classroom.
General Educational Gateways
- Smithsonian Institution – The world’s largest museum complex and research organization. Includes museums of American History, Natural History and Air and Space Museum.
- Annenberg Learner – Teacher resources and professional development across the curriculum
- Merriam-Webster Learner’s Dictionary
- Academic Info – Teaching U.S. History – Directory of online educational resources on teaching American history.
- Erudera Guide – Erudera’s Complete Guide to Studying in US as an International Student
- Education World – Ideas and planning resources on the arts, language, history, literature, social science, sports, and more.
- PBS TeacherSource – 4500+ free lesson plans and activities on arts & literature, health & fitness, math, science, social studies, and more.
- TechKids – History and geography for kids on the Web.
- U.S. College Guide for International Students – This guide from the Center for Online Education connects international students with vital information about U.S. study.
You®Company – Video series on entrepreneurs in Spain and the United States,