For applications for visas for official travel to the United States (visa categories A, G, and NATO) you need to schedule an appointment. Please send us an email to: Diplomaticvisasmadrid@state.gov
- Valid passport.
- DS-160 confirmation page: DS-160
- One 5 x 5 cm photograph taken within the last six months. For detailed guidance: Photograph Requirements
- A diplomatic note from the Foreign Diplomatic Mission, International Organization, or Ministry of Foreign Affairs indicating:
- Name and date of birth of the applicant;
- Position and title;
- Place of assignment or visit;
- Purpose of travel;
- Brief description of duties;
- Travel date;
- Anticipated length of stay or tour of duty in the United States;
- The names, relationships, and dates of birth of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the principal applicant.
Pre-paid courier (DHL) waybill to return the new U.S. visa (please note the tracking number of the return envelope to track it once shipped). Just 1 needed per family group.You can find detailed instructions on how to create your waybill here:
For other questions or information on diplomatic and official visas please contact us at email@example.com
Applications for diplomats for non-official travel (e.g. B1/B2 visas for tourism) must arrange a visa interview by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org