Location: U.S. Embassy, Calle Serrano 75, Madrid, Spain
Event: On Saturday, March 24, 2018, at 6:00 p.m., a demonstration is expected outside the U.S. Embassy in Madrid to protest U.S., Russian, and Turkish policy in Afrin, Syria. The demonstration is expected to last approximately one hour and involve approximately 100 demonstrators. The demonstrators plan to begin the protest at the Russian Embassy and march to the U.S. Embassy in Madrid. A similar peaceful protest occurred March 23, 2018, at the U.S. Consulate General in Barcelona.
Actions to Take:
- Use caution when in the area of large gatherings.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.