Location: Barcelona, Spain
Event: A demonstration against toll road requirements is expected to take place on October 11 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm, from the Port of Barcelona to El Papiol, along the B10, B-23 and A-2 highways. Other area highways may be affected. U.S. citizens should expect traffic disruptions.
Parades and demonstrations are also expected to take place in Madrid and Barcelona regarding the National Day of Spain on October 12. Please see our demonstration page for more information.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of demonstrations
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Notify friends and family of your safety
- U.S. citizens may monitor English-language Spanish media at the following website: https://elpais.com/elpais/inenglish.html
View updates on Twitter and Facebook from the Spanish National Police, @policia, Guardia Civil @guardiacivil, Mossos D’Esquadra @mossos, and Guardia Urbana @barcelona_GUB:
- Mossos d’Esquadra (Regional Police)
- Barcelona City Police
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.