Being a victim of a crime in a foreign country, can be a devastating and traumatic experience. While no one can undo the emotional trauma, physical injury, or financial loss you may have experienced, our Special Consular Services units in Spain are ready to help. We are very concerned about violent crimes committed against U.S. citizens in Spain or Andorra. We will help you in managing the practical consequences of being a crime victim and provide you with information about contacting the local criminal justice system, as well as other resources for crime victims abroad and in the United States.
- Help you in replacing a lost/stolen passport (link on hold).
- Help you in finding appropriate medical care if you are injured.
- Help you contact family or friends and explain how funds can be transferred.
- Help you in finding shelter, food, or clothing.
- Provide a list of English-speaking attorneys.
- Provide general information about the criminal justice process.
- Provide information about crime victim assistance resources in your state of residence if you are returning to the United States.
- Investigate crimes.
- Provide legal advice or represent you in court.
- Serve as official interpreters or translators.
- Pay legal, medical, or other fees for you.
- Request preferential treatment for U.S. citizens during legal proceedings in Spain or Andorra.
U.S. Department of State Office of Overseas Citizens Services in the United States:
From the U.S. & Canada:
From Overseas (+1) 202-501-4444