Event: The U.S. Embassy in Madrid reminds U.S. citizens that Spain is currently at a level 2 Advisory: exercise increased caution due to terrorism. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, and other public areas. U.S. citizens are reminded to remain vigilant with regard to their personal security.
Actions to Take:
- Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations and transportation
- Review your personal security
- Keep a low
- Know how to use the local phone system. The equivalent of “911” in the U.S. is 112 in Spain. There is always an English-speaker on duty.
- S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.