Location: Seville, Spain
Event: On Thursday, July 5, 2018, a demonstration to protest U.S. import duties on Spanish table olives is expected to take place across from the U.S. Consular Agency in Seville. It is scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m. and last for two hours. Approximately 400 demonstrators are expected.
U.S. citizens are reminded to avoid demonstrations and exercise caution when in the vicinity of large gatherings. Even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to turn violent without warning.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the demonstration.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Remember that even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to turn violent without warning.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
U.S. citizens may monitor English-language Spanish media at the following:
View updates on Twitter and Facebook from the Spanish National Police, @policia, and Guardia Civil @guardiacivil.
- U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain
- U.S. Consulate General Barcelona, Spain
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Spain Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.